Polycarbonate Technologies and Design Applications AIA CES Course
Course Title: Canopy Custom Design: Structural Design, Material Options, and the Optimal Process
The design of custom and special purpose canopies is a comprehensive process. The course breaks the process down into manageable steps. We examine the structural performance and design options based on loading criteria and material limitations. We discover how the structure design impacts the canopy top choice and options for optimizing quality natural daylight transmission, illumination, safety, and longevity.
Credit Designations: LU|HSW
Course Format: Instructor-led face-to-face
- Learning Objective 1: Canopy structural design – we break down the structural components and review options such as steel and/or aluminum and their benefits and limitations.
- Learning Objective 2: Discover ways to safely maximize canopy spans for a clean structural design.
- Learning Objective 3: Understand which canopy top technology option best meets performance objectives for light transmission, shading, structural requirements and aesthetics as we review glass, translucent and metal options.
- Learning Objective 4: From design to installation: effective budget preparation – Learn how to get it right the first time.
- Learning Objective 5: The benefits of quality certification programs.