What is Polycarbonate?
Polycarbonate is a resin-based translucent thermoplastic, which can be manipulated for varied degrees of light transmission, aesthetic effects, and thermal control. Its hallow cell structure provides high-performance flexibility and energy efficiency. Available in cellular and also monolithic sheet, this lightweight yet durable material is ideal for translucent daylighting in vertical glazing, canopy and skylight applications.
- Polycarbonate WILL NOT fracture – FRP will
- There are many panel types on the market so we
can control and manipulate performance levels
- You do not have to settle on one-size-fits-all solutions
- Sheet Thickness: 4mm to 60mm
- Sheet Length: Up to 52 Feet
- Impact Strength: 240 times the impact strength of glass
Sheet Types – Cellular & Monolithic
- Continuous sheets limited in length only by shipping methods and production space
- 16mm triple-wall sheet extrudes at a rate of 2,000 square feet per hour
- Extrudes 600 LBS per hour
View our performance matrices
Translucent glazing technology is only as good as the structural framing system surrounding it. Duo-Gard designs and engineers solutions for your toughest framing challenges, always aware of the cost, production efficiency, and installation ease.
We offer system and design recommendations through installation. To learn more contact our team today at 734-207-9700 or email@example.com